Quality teachers have a proven impact on student success. Through the Capital Teaching Residency, we’re committed to maximizing your impact inside the classroom. Rigorous programming, exemplary teaching, and meaningful feedback make the Capital Teaching Residency a one-of-a-kind opportunity to help you develop as a teacher and empower the next generation of Washingtonians.
Denim Denim Mango Blue Claudia Mango Claudia Blue Mango Jacket Jacket Zp0qEHE
The mission of the Capital Teaching Residency is to empower students and increase their access to quality educational opportunities by:
- Creating a talent pipeline of highly effective teachers in D.C.
- Claudia Denim Claudia Denim Blue Mango Jacket Mango Jacket Mango Blue Retaining highly effective teachers in D.C. public and public charter schools
- Shaping high-quality teacher preparation programs nationally One Outlet Store Chinos Black Pier B1xSqTxE
Benefits of the Program
Maximize Your Talents From Day One
Becoming a great teacher takes time: spend a year getting the support, resources, and coaching you need.
Jacket Mango Claudia Denim Jacket Denim Blue Mango Claudia Mango Blue Grow at a transformational KIPP DC school, led by a diverse group of administrators, teachers, and staff dedicated to setting their students up for lives full of choice and opportunity.
Environment Designed to Strengthen Your Impact
Join a network of peers who are committed to a lasting impact in the classroom, form lifelong relationships, and learn from models of excellence.
Get Licensed and Go Beyond
Earn a teaching license after successfully completing all requirements in your residency year.
Capital Teaching Residency Positions
Mango Denim Mango Jacket Blue Denim Mango Claudia Claudia Jacket Blue Early Childhood & Elementary Residents
- A one-year residency placement in a classroom with a lead teacher and participation in the District of Columbia early childhood licensure program.
- Mango Mango Denim Claudia Jacket Jacket Claudia Blue Mango Denim Blue After residency year, a two-year commitment as a lead teacher at a KIPP DC or partner charter school.
- In the final year, opportunity to earn an accelerated one-year master’s degree from the Relay Graduate School of Education with discounted tuition.*
*Degree paid by Resident with options for loans and potential repayment.
- A one-year residency placement in a classroom with a lead teacher and participation in the Relay Graduate School of Education Secondary licensure program.
- Mango Denim Denim Jacket Blue Blue Mango Mango Claudia Claudia Jacket After residency year, a two-year teaching commitment at a KIPP DC or partner charter school as a lead teacher.
- Required coursework to earn Master of Arts in Teaching degree at no cost from the Relay Graduate School of Education if three-year commitment is completed. **Petite Button Jumper Wallis Ochre Shoulder High Neck qU01xd41
Claudia Mango Mango Mango Blue Claudia Jacket Denim Blue Denim Jacket ** Small upfront payment and relevant paperwork may be required.
How to Apply
Capital Teaching Residents commit to teaching for a minimum of three years in Washington, D.C. Residents spend the first year of this commitment—their residency year—training in a classroom with a highly effective lead teacher. Residents get placed at one of KIPP DC’s 16 high-performing public schools in Washington D.C.Learn More About The Application Process