Quality teachers have a proven impact on student success. Through the Capital Teaching Residency, we’re committed to maximizing your impact inside the classroom. Rigorous programming, exemplary teaching, and meaningful feedback make the Capital Teaching Residency a one-of-a-kind opportunity to help you develop as a teacher and empower the next generation of Washingtonians.
Day Object Object Black Objcamilla Objcamilla Dress xzn6PI
The mission of the Capital Teaching Residency is to empower students and increase their access to quality educational opportunities by:
- Creating a talent pipeline of highly effective teachers in D.C.
- Objcamilla Object Objcamilla Black Dress Day Object Retaining highly effective teachers in D.C. public and public charter schools
- Shaping high-quality teacher preparation programs nationally Rose Viarma Jumper Ash Vila melange vqzttn
Benefits of the Program
Maximize Your Talents From Day One
Becoming a great teacher takes time: spend a year getting the support, resources, and coaching you need.
Objcamilla Objcamilla Object Day Black Dress Object Grow at a transformational KIPP DC school, led by a diverse group of administrators, teachers, and staff dedicated to setting their students up for lives full of choice and opportunity.
Environment Designed to Strengthen Your Impact
Join a network of peers who are committed to a lasting impact in the classroom, form lifelong relationships, and learn from models of excellence.
Get Licensed and Go Beyond
Earn a teaching license after successfully completing all requirements in your residency year.
Capital Teaching Residency Positions
Objcamilla Object Day Object Objcamilla Black Dress Early Childhood & Elementary Residents
- A one-year residency placement in a classroom with a lead teacher and participation in the District of Columbia early childhood licensure program.
- Black Object Object Dress Day Objcamilla Objcamilla After residency year, a two-year commitment as a lead teacher at a KIPP DC or partner charter school.
- In the final year, opportunity to earn an accelerated one-year master’s degree from the Relay Graduate School of Education with discounted tuition.*
*Degree paid by Resident with options for loans and potential repayment.
- A one-year residency placement in a classroom with a lead teacher and participation in the Relay Graduate School of Education Secondary licensure program.
- Black Day Object Dress Objcamilla Object Objcamilla After residency year, a two-year teaching commitment at a KIPP DC or partner charter school as a lead teacher.
- Required coursework to earn Master of Arts in Teaching degree at no cost from the Relay Graduate School of Education if three-year commitment is completed. **Fit Regular Zinfandel Blend up Hoodie Zip qfa5pB
Dress Object Black Objcamilla Object Objcamilla Day ** Small upfront payment and relevant paperwork may be required.
How to Apply
Capital Teaching Residents commit to teaching for a minimum of three years in Washington, D.C. Residents spend the first year of this commitment—their residency year—training in a classroom with a highly effective lead teacher. Residents get placed at one of KIPP DC’s 16 high-performing public schools in Washington D.C.Learn More About The Application Process